Friday 26 December 2014

Don't change your dream. Give it a new direction

It sometimes so happens in life that we don't get what we deserve, we don't get what we had planned for our future, we don't get things we had actually worked hard for..
Sometimes when our wishes don't get fulfilled( P.S- I'm not talking about Cinderella wonderland glittery wishes, but Real Life core wishes), its because God's wishes are much more higher than what we actually wish for ourselves..

We often see people around us going into depression, people who flunk in their board exams, who haven't bagged a job that they deserved, who have failed in their initial business plans, whose love stories fail.. When such situations arise with women ,they may sit on their sofa crying and eating ice-cream and chocolates, blaming God for it . That might make up your mood, but would increase calories too ;). [We can do it for an hour, for a day, for 4-5 days , BUT NOT more than that !!].. Men would either get angry on others, or rather isolate themselves and get more hard on their heart. In short, its actually NOT easy for everyone to handle failures.

Its not easy to give up on your dream. Its not easy to see a new dream again. But its easy to give your dream a new direction.
Same thing happened with me ...

Any student in Boards (Especially "Science" stream) would obviously be going through a lot of trauma. Early morning tuition at 5, going home for bath, followed by School - Home- Lunch- Tuition- Dinner - Tuition - Home - Sleep - Wake - AgainTuition !!! This schedule loop story lasts for 2 years. Only a Science student would understand this situation - We are like a PG at our own house, who visits home just for bath-food-sleep.. !!!
Now these were the details about the preparations for boards. But, the scene during your results is more dreadful. All of your family friends and relatives who haven't talked to you since million years would especially call you on your result day.. In fact they would call you before even your result is put online ("Beta apna ExamId de do mujhe.. online result dekhke tumko bata dungi..";))

Now in all this drama, if your result happens to be below expectations, there's again a new drama altogether. Sometimes people around us make us feel extra sad about our failures even more than what we ACTUALLY feel !!

So, my result came. It was 58.80% .. and along with practicals 62.15% . Obviously I was shattered. I expected my minimum result to be above 70% .  My family was also disappointed, but they didn't show it to me. And I started my round of crying.. To that, my cousin Nazir called me up..

Nazir: Tune tto saare cousins me Top kiya !!
Me(Still Crying): What are you saying.. Top ??
Nazir: Yesssss...
     See, I had scored 51% in my 12th, and right now I'm working at the best position in TataSky.
     Your brother Asif, he scored 54% and he's in the only MNC of Ahmedabad,
     You my friend, you've scored much more than us. So just imagine how successful would you be !!
Me: You seriously feel so ??
Nazir: Mai kabhi serious nai hota Sheru  ;)
         You maintained our family tradition of scoring below 60% my sister..!!  
         Believe me you gonna do great in future ... Cheer upppppp ..
Me(Finally Smiling): Okay..

After many such small small inspirational supports, I managed convincing myself to accept my result and work further. I filled forms for engineering everywhere. But in Science stream, any score below 80% is a slang. You wouldn't get admission in any fine University. Sadly I didn't get admission in any good college in Ahmedabad. Either I had to leave my city, or get an admission in management quota. Both options weren't feasible for me. Again I got upset. Again the crying sessions.Then my bhai suggested me a course of BCA. It was also based on computers, so I decided to enroll for it.

I got admission in CPICA. It was not a very well known college. Not the best in Ahmedabad, but a well appreciated college for its environment and studies.
It was the first day of my college and my mom had come along to drop me. For any student the first of college is always exciting. You roam around the campus, see students, see faculties. While roaming, I stopped by a wall. That wall had big banners of photographs of the rankers. I got so impressed watching it, that I told mom randomly "Mummy, ek dinn mera bhi photo idhar aayega". My mom and I we both knew that I was speaking it kiddishly in the heat of the moment, I didn't mean it. (I always had this tiny little wish of getting my photograph in newspaper)

My college started, it was going super cool. During my mid-sem exams, I was the topper of my college to my shock. I was not amongst the serious Chatur type toppers. I was the most talkative and most scolded topper. It was like a family there. We had a wonderful bonding with our faculties.
Once I asked my ma'am
Me: "Do we need to study very hard to get a rank in the University exam ?? One senior di I know,             she scored 6th rank in University, and her photo came in our ISMAILI magazine, its a moment           of pride Ma'am.. I want my photo in that magazine too.. "
Ma'am : "Its not too tough.. Especially for you.. And beta if u get a rank in University exam, your             photo will not only come in your magazine, but in newspapers too"
Me: "I want ittttt... My mom would be very proud"
Ma'am: "You will get it"

To this my friend Dhruvisha said - "Aameen" . I always have a habit of saying Aameen.. But in       scenes where my friends say Aameen before me, God listens to it WITHOUT Fail.. :)

And it did come true. My Final University results came. My friend called and informed me that I had topped my college. I and mom were very happy. We hugged each other. I informed dad and bhai..
But then I again got a call "Sheris taaro University ma rank chhe !!!!".. I was shocked. I was praying it my mind that it should be in Top 10.. "UNIVERSITY MA 1st RANK CHHE taaro !!!! "
And there I was. Numb. Awestruck. I hadn't ever thought in my life that I would EVER top in University. Not 3rd, Not 2nd, I got 1st RANK !!!! Truely Unexpected !!
That night, I repaid for all the tears that my family had shed secretly during my 12th poor results.

Soon my funnily said sentence came true.. A new banner was made with my photograph at the top. That banner was placed in my college exactly at the entrance. I love to see the pride on my bhai's face everytime he sees that banner. If he wouldn't have got me enrolled for this course, all this wouldn't have happened..To not forget, I even had a newspaper interview.[Although hyped, but finally a celebrity type feeling for the first time in life ;)]

We never know God's plans for us. So we should not even disturb it.
Had I got a better result and joined any engineering college, I would never have topped there. I never would've fulfilled my dream of getting my photograph in the newspaper.
We all have wishes to fly in air, to be in a reputed college, to work in the best company. But sometimes it depends on you how make a less known place, a better place. Sometimes staying on land may give you much more than flying in the air...


When your feet land in a better way than your wings fly...
Dreaming your dreams will never make you cry..

When after your failures, you learn to enjoy your defeat..
You then be Yourself, and there's no need to cheat ...

When you're sure God will end you up at the best..
You then need not worry about the rest..

When you realize that just flying is not everything..
Its even fun even staying on land sometimes and jumping..

Coz you never know when your small jump would take a flight itself ..
And you'll fly as you always wished to see yourself .. :) :) :)

7 comments:

  1. People say dream come true & I have seen it come true,,,,,
    Good work , keep it up & keep inspiring others to accomplish their dreams,,,,,

    ~Amyn.Mukhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amyn bhaiya..
      Your reviews matter a lot lot lot for me :)

      Delete
  2. Future belongs to those....
    Who believe in the beauty of their dreams ��
    Dear sheris. . . . . . u proved it. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks di :)
      Its all God's grace.. Who made me close to my dreams :)

      Delete
  3. I like the poetry and the positivity. But then again, you have always been the person who would kill my nervousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killing nervousness is a good thing ;)..
    I'm glad I am capable of doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one sheris!

    ReplyDelete

Don't change your dream. Give it a new direction

It sometimes so happens in life that we don't get what we deserve, we don't get what we had planned for our future, we don't ge...